Deadline: 27 May 2022
Join a growing, fast-paced, and high-performing Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team. This position is required to provide administrative support to the implementation and monitoring of the ERM framework within State Insurance Company
Limited (SICL) in a manner that fulfils the mission and strategic goals of the Company.
Job Specification & Description
- POSITION TITLE: Risk Clerk
- POSITION LEVEL: Clerk
- EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Permanent
- COMPANY: State Insurance Company Limited
- DEPARTMENT: Enterprise Risk and Compliance Management
- REPORTS TO: Chief Risk Officer
Perform various computer/word processing responsibilities including correspondence, minutes of various committees/meetings, presentation material, publications and booklets.
Coordinate and set up meetings and manage calendars.
Maintain files of risk policies, procedures and update company records for auditors.
Proofread and perform quality inspections of communications and documents.
Set up, organize and manage the digital and paper filing system for the Risk Management Department.
Participates in the Management-Level Risk Committee Meetings, and other Meetings as instructed by the CRO as minute taker.
Assist in the maintenance of the policies and procedures for the company’s ERM programme.
Assist with the digitization and efficiency improvement activities of the Risk Management function.
Assist in the maintenance of the SICL’s operational Business Continuity Plan (BCP).
Assist with the preparation of various risk reports tailored to the relevant audience (including board of directors - ensure they are kept abreast of significant risks to the business, and business heads - ensure that they understand the risks that might affect their departments).
Reports to be submitted to the Board, Audit Committee, Board Risk & Compliance and Executive Risk Committees.
Perform any job-related duties assigned from time to time.
Job Specifications/Competencies [Minimum]
To perform this job successfully, a qualified individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Office Administration, Management, or related field.
- Administrative Assistant training program would be an asset.
- At least 2 years of office/administrative assistant work related experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the advanced features of generally used office software including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel Advanced, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Adobe (Adobe Acrobat Pro, Adobe Sign).
- Applicants selected for an interview may be required to submit samples of their work utilizing the above noted programs.
- Specific knowledge (however acquired) required to Start:
- Basic knowledge of risk management principles specifically as it relates to Enterprise Risk Management in financial institutions.
- Basic knowledge of international industry standards and best practices for risk management and the financial services industry.
- Good knowledge of financial management.
- Basic knowledge of business process and improvement methodologies.
Email your detailed resume with cover letter on or before (27th May, 2022) addressed to:
Human Resources Manager
State Insurance Company Limited
St. John's, Antigua
Vacancy: Risk Clerk